Welcome to my blog, an extension of my sketch book...

Copyright Natasha Jochman 2010

Tuesday 3 August 2010

Interior Designers - Sigmar



Ennismore Gardens - Hall - Sigmar
Ennismore Gardens - Lounge - Sigmar

Ennismore Gardens - Lounge - Sigmar

Blue Lounge - Sigmar

At last I have come across some fantastic interior design! Sigmar Design was set up in 2004 by Ebba Thott and Nina Hertig. I love the sensitive use of colour and the clean and airy designs with a beautiful balance of materials. They have some fab pieces of furniture/accessories for sale on their website too. The duo were so inspired by Sigmar Polke - German painter and photographer - they named their company after him.


Sigmar Polke, Freundinnen, 1965/66
Copyright Sigmar Polke
Sigmar Polke, I Live in My Own World but It's ok, They Know Me Here, 2002
Courtesy Michael Werner, New York and Cologne


Sigmar Polke, The Spirits that Lend Strength are Invisible III (Nickel/Neusilber) 1988
Nickel and Artificial resin on canvas,
Collection SFMOMA

No comments:

Post a Comment